Friday, May 4, 2012

American Idol....seriously?!

Ok, see this is WHY reality shows and I have a love/hate relationship.  America, what are you thinking....seriously?!  We all remember a couple weeks ago when I posted about Colton Dixon being the idol cast off.  But now this week we lost Skylar Laine!!!!! She is an absolute star, and actually someone who again, I have no doubt will get a recording contract, but COME ON!!!!  I'm using this week to post some of Skylar's best performances, because I think she deserves it.  She is a younger Reba McEntire and owns the country scene.  Even though country is not everyone's forte, she rocks out every performance and has a fantastic personality to go with it.  She is going to be giving the honorary title of "Diva of the Week".   I certainly WILL be buying her album when it comes out and wish her the very best.  America, strap yourselves in and get with the program.  The competition is getting tougher, and it's a bumpy ride.


Here she is performing "Shameless" on Billy Joel week.  She has no shame and never should!


Watch her perform and KILL "Wind Beneath My Wings".  Chills, goosies, and completely wowed!  Amazing. This is one of my favorites from the season.


Proving that she can take any song and make it a hit, country or pop, she takes "Born This Way" and owns it.


In her final week performance, she sang "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me" and it was fabulous.  She had all of the soul and heart of Dusty Springfield.


Best of luck girl, we know you'll become a star.


No comments:

Post a Comment