Monday, April 9, 2012

SCANDALous

I've been a bad blogger. I've missed the past two StarsCare Saturdays and am tbh, just realizing it now. Forgive me - I'll try my best not to let it happen again!

Now that we have that settled - who tuned into ABC's Scandal premiere last Thursday!? The only reason my foreign fanny heard of it was because the first episode, Sweet Baby, is free to download on iTunes. If you are a lover of fast paced, politically savvy, strong female lead law shows - Scandal is absolutely for you.
Scandal was created by Shonda Rhimes (creator of Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice) and has a soon-to-be all star cast. Faces you may recognize:
Kerry Washington (Ray, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, For Colored Girls) plays the lead gorgeous, sassy, smart, hard on the outside, soft on the inside character Olivia Pope. Who interestingly enough is partially based on former George H. W. Bush administration press aide Judy Smith.
Henry Ian Cusick (Lost, Hitman) plays Stephen Finch, one of Olivia Pope's associates who is known for being a womanizer but has just proposed to his girlfriend after Olivia bullied him into it.
Colombus Short (Stomp the Yard, The Losers) plays Harrison Wright - the first character we meet and IMHO, fall in love with. Who doesn't love a classy, suave, brilliant black man who considers himself to be a gladiator in a suit?
Darby Stanchfield (NCIS, Jericho) plays Abby Whelan, the excitable one of the group but just as hard working. Think if Elle Woods' chihuahua was a person. She also clearly has a crush on Stephen.
Katie Lowes (Super 8, The Job) is the second character we meet: Quinn Perkins/Rielly. I think they're still deciding on which last name to use. *eye roll* Quinn is the newest to Olivia's associates and can be found secretly questioning the powerful Olivia's motives as well as crying in the bathroom.
Guillermo Diaz (Weeds, The Terminal) plays Huck who also works for Olivia. He only has maybe four lines in the first episode, but I love him so much I had to let any other Weeds fans know that Guillermo is back! (Which is both his real and character name on Weeds. HA.)
Jeff Perry (Grey's Anatomy) plays Cyrus Beene, the President's right hand man who thinks he knows everything about the POTUS. Olivia knows better.
Tony Goldywn (Ghost) plays the President of the United States of America. Cool role, bro.

SO - check out the first episode and let us know what you think! Yay or nay?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED IT! Shonda has magic to create wonderful shows. I'll definitely be tuning in for however long it's on. Hey Grey's has been with me since I was a baby college student. I wonder where life will go as I tune into Scandal!!

    Love ya Donny!
    Nadirah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I correct in thinking that the character that plays Olivia Pope was in Save the Last Dance? If so that's quite the character swap from then til now! Definitely intrigued by this show!

    ReplyDelete