Thursday, April 19, 2012

American Idol....OH WHATEVER NUMBER...

Well.....I'm just....yeah let's not even talk about it. No happy intro, no beating around the bush. NOT. HAPPY.

This week brought us some highs and lows....the lowest of lows being the elimination, and we'll get to that. I mean, don't get me wrong, I really do love the judges on American Idol...love the songs...love SOME of the people...but...WHY DO I WATCH THESE SHOWS?! The people I like, almost never win (ex. Big Brother, X-Factor, a couple American Idols....). Let's hope my season favorites still make it....bringing me to my star of the week, Skylar Laine.


This girl has it all, and needs to make it to the top. I love her personality, talent, and charisma. This week was no exception as she took two songs and made them into her own county diva rocking anthems. Take a look at her first song, "Born This Way". Who knew it could be a rocking country song?!


She puts her everything into her songs and this second one....WOW! Here she is singing, "Heard it Through the Grapevine". Her performance would make even Marvin Gaye proud.



And nowwwww, to our elimination. To make a long story short, it came down to Elise, Hollie, and Colton. Now looking at the three, Colton was the LAST person I was thinking would be going home. But, shame on me for thinking again....his name was called and I *gasped*. I'm sure I wasn't alone in that expression. Even his fellow Idols were tear-filled as he sang his goodbye song. What a talent, but as Chris Daughtry left, I felt the same way. So I'll be waiting for Colton to blow up the charts, and I'll be waiting for his album FOR SURE! Best of luck to you, what a talent lost. We end with him singing Earth, Wind, and Fire's, "September".

No comments:

Post a Comment