Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Work It Out: True Blood.

To round out my month's worth of weekly columns, I'm gonna look into celeb fitness routines, and see what it is that makes us drop our jaw and say "How the eff does she look that good!?!!"


I did some digging and found the perfect celeb to profile for the first installment: The Cast of True Blood. It's no secret that both the boys and girls on the show gets our hearts racing (I mean, the whole shirtless, muscled men trend started in good ole' Bon Temps), and I think it's about time someone told us how in the world we might be able to look that good!


Something we don't think the cast eats a whole lot of....
Rutina Wesley, aka Tara Thornton, chooses to run and lift weights, gracefully. "I do a mix of cardio and strength -- the elliptical machine and weight lifting -- three times weekly. But a lot of my agility comes from being a dancer; I trained at Juilliard. I also do yoga. It helps me relax and let go of the crazy character I play."






Joe Manganiello, everyone's favorite hot blooded wolf, says that diet is key.  “It’s all about converting your body to a protein-burning engine and feeding it constantly”. His meals consist mainly of one protein, a salad, and a vegetable. He also works out like a maniac, with a specially designed routine from his personal trainer. Sounds a little intense for me, but hey, if dedicating 6 days a week to nothing but cardio in the morning and strength training in the afternoon sounds good to you--please, be my guest. 



Ryan Kwanten, the Hollywood Bachelor and well-meaning dim wit, is just a sports nut. He got into boxing when he was a kid and ended up winning state-wide championships. He later got into hiking, surfing, triathlons, biking, and swimming. And lately? He's been doing yoga. But not the peaceful, zen kind. His first yoga class he saw a guy put his legs over his head, and the competition began. He's now a yoga master, and he's said to be quite the contortionist ;-)



And finally, Anna Paquin, our little blonde waitress. She's been working her ass off, and just researching her workout routine made me sweat. This girl swims, goes running, takes boxing classes, pliates classes, something called a Bar Method and something else called Core Fusion. Oh, and she also works out on the elliptical and stationary bike.  



...Brb, I think there's a bag of cheetos calling my name. 

--AvK

No comments:

Post a Comment