Thursday, March 15, 2012

There's No "I" In "Sexy Trash": The Hunger Games!

The Hunger Games premiere is only a week away, and honestly, it's all we can think about at the Sexy Trash offices. Our ring tones are mockingjay calls, our backgrounds are Peeta or Katniss, and everything that comes out of our mouths is somehow Hunger Games-related. Instead of each of us turning all of our individual posts into Hunger Games tributes, we decided to do a mega-post, answering important questions about the worldwide phenomenon.


DONNY
Favorite Character: Rue!


Least Favorite Character: President Snow. I know you're supposed to hate him, so it's good that I do, I guess.
What Character Do You Relate To The Most?: Peeta - I may not be the strongest or the best looking, but I've got the charisma to make up for it.
What You're MOST nervous for/afraid the movie will mess up: The mockingjays, tracker jackers, and muttations. Not so much what they look like, but how they explain them. I don't want Katniss to randomly break out into a history lesson, but I don't want them to just appear with no explanation, either. I'm going to be a very difficult audience. And the fire suits. If the fire suits aren't done right, I'm out.
Based on what you've seen so far, is there anything you're disappointed in?: The cornucopia; in my head I imagined a life-size Thanksgiving cornucopia, not an industrial-looking creation.
Scene/Moment You're MOST Looking Forward To: Everything in the arena! The trailers have done a great job keeping the actual "games" part of the movie hidden, so my stomach is in knots waiting for it.
Based on what you've seen so far, is there anything you LOVE already?: The sets - District 12, The Capitol, all of it.
If I could recast someone in the movie, I'd have ELLE FANNING play PRIM.
Based on previews, what character do you think was cast PERFECTLY? Rue, Cinna, Katniss, and Effie 
What song(s) would you want to see in the movie? I'd love at least an instrumental version of Adele's "Hometown Glory" in there somewhere.
Peeta or Gale? Peeta 100%.
What draws you into the story? I love that her first instinct is what is going to be best for Prim. I also love how it symbolically dives into reality television and all it does - it's entertaining to some, but literally destroys some of those who star in it.

TESSA
Favorite Character: Cinna and Ceasar Flickerman
Least Favorite Character: …not from the first book, not yet...
What Character Do You Relate To The Most? Effie. Always reaching for the silver lining, encouraging others in the most disgusting of times, while secretly doing it all for her own benefit. I'd love an Effie novel/prequel.
What You're MOST nervous for/afraid the movie will mess up: / Scene/Moment You're MOST Looking Forward To: These two are the same for me… When Katniss volunteers in her sister's place. I need to feel it. I need to feel her stomach sink into her feet and her heart in her throat. I need to burst into tears thinking about innocent Prim walking up to the stage the way I did when reading the book. I want everything to go painfully silent before she volunteers herself. I want to feel every emotion, thought, and feeling the sisters had in those 30 seconds. If this is done correctly, I will love the movie.
Based on what you've seen so far, is there anything you're disappointed in? Absolutely. Peeta, while I'm sure is a sweet boy, doesn't look anything what I imagined him to look like. Unfortunately this goes for Katniss, too. I know that shouldn't make me hate them or the movie already, but when you read a series and become so involved with a story - and then see how someone else imagined it and it's completely different - it's hard to get past that. Additionally, it's not even just their looks but… from the random scenes I've seen with them together, I don't get any sort of sexual tension/love between them (even coming from Peeta) and it also pains me to hear them even speak sometimes. I imagined two underdogs with a badass streak and the clips I've watched they remind me more of a wet blanket than a rebel.
Based on what you've seen so far, is there anything you LOVE already? Rue. <3
If I could recast someone in the movie, I'd have LIAM HEMSWORTH play PEETA. DAMMIT.
Based on previews, what character do you think was cast PERFECTLY? Cinna, Rue, Haymitch (wish he was more chub) & Stanley Tucci
What song(s) would you want to see in the movie? "Bodies" - Drowning Pool and "Down With the Sickness" - System of a Down
Peeta or Gale? While I believe in love and all of that good stuff as much as the next person, as far as Katniss is considered, I am Team Gale. Gale gets her. They understand one another. They never had time to learn how to love in The Notebook way that Peeta apparently does. Gale never knew to pick a flower for Katniss because they were busy illegally killing animals so their family didn't starve. I also believe that Katniss, if she was capable of loving someone other than Prim, loved Gale… but again, didn't know how to express it in a way that readers or an audience today would understand. I think Peeta deserves a leading lady who loves him the same way he loves them. Plus, Gale's hot.

KRAMER

Favorite Character: Rue
Least Favorite Character: Katniss's Mom
What Character Do You Relate To The Most?: Peeta
What You're MOST nervous for/afraid the movie will mess up: How uninterested in Peeta Katniss is. I know every 12 year old will watch their scenes and be like "omg it's love", when really...it's love from Peeta, and strategy from Katniss to get sponsors.
Based on what you've seen so far, is there anything you're disappointed in?: I kind of pictured Haymitch as a little grungier or dirtier. And Katniss's interview dress looks like a bad orange prom dress.
Scene/Moment You're MOST Looking Forward To: The parade of tributes/the fire suits
Based on what you've seen so far, is there anything you LOVE already?: Cinna.
If I could recast someone in the movie, I'd have NICK NOLTE play HAYMITCH.
Based on previews, what character do you think was cast PERFECTLY? Cinna, Katniss, Peeta.
  
What song(s) would you want to see in the movie? "Safe and Sound" and I think a good piano ballad, maybe Christina Perri?
Peeta or Gale? Team Peeta.
What draws you into the story? The balance of fantasy and reality. The entire time you think "oh this could never happen", but there's a voice in the back of your head that's saying "...are you sure?" 
AMY JO
Favorite Character: Cinna.
Least Favorite Character: Cato, mostly because I just couldn't wait for him to die!
What Character Do You Relate To The Most? Peeta. He has to fight for the spotlight and has a hard time distinguishing reality from fantasy.
What You're MOST nervous for/afraid the movie will mess up: I think the entering of the arena. The descriptions in the book are so vivid, I just want it to be more than amazing.
Based on what you've seen so far, is there anything you're disappointed in? I'm a little disappointed that Haymitch is played by Woody Harrelson, but he could surprise me.
Scene/Moment You're MOST Looking Forward To: I think the arena scene and any lovey time in the cave. Sigh.
Based on what you've seen so far (previews and pictures), is there anything you LOVE already? Well the scenes in the trailer bring all the book to life, especially after finishing it.
If I could recast someone in the movie, I'd have PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN play HAYMITCH.
Based on previews, what character do you think was cast PERFECTLY? Katniss and Peeta....absolutely!
What song(s) would you want to see in the movie? "Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele; I think it goes along with Peeta and Katniss...especially towards the end.
What draws you into the story the most? The constant rising action draws you to want to get to the end of the chapter, and then you're always left hanging so you absolutely need to read to find out what's happening. Also, Katniss and Peeta are so likeable... you need to find out their fate!
JES

Favorite Character: Effie Trinket. I love that she's over the top and her personality fits perfectly, she was written so well. Once I found out that Elizabeth Banks would be playing her, I automatically knew she was my ultimate fave.
Least Favorite Character: I could say I hate all of the "bad guys" but that would be just too easy. Peeta's Mom would have to be my least favorite. She doesn't seem too supportive to the good person that her son is. Booo.
What Character Do You Relate To The Most? Effie of course. If I was living during this time I would definitely do what I could to live in the Capital and have the most amazing, fashion forward look. Aside from the materialistic relations, I love her obsessive, yet softer side. Like her I'm OCD about being on tie. And as a coach myself, I see getting attached to the tributes - rooting for them both, against the views of the Capital.
What You're MOST nervous for/afraid the movie will mess up: I'm nervous for the games. In the book they are quite grotesque, in a tasteful manner. I'm hoping that it will come across with the same effect - despite its rating. I also hope that the train is as amazing on screen as it is in the book.
Based on what you've seen so far (previews and pictures), is there anything you're disappointed in? I think I expected a little more from the "girl on fire's" dress. But then again, the movie could show me a whole different side.
Scene/Moment You're MOST Looking Forward To: When Katniss & Peeta both make it out alive of course!
Based on what you've seen so far (previews and pictures), is there anything you LOVE already? I love whomever is in charge of Effie's wardrobe and makeup.
If I could recast someone in the movie, I'd have SOMEONE MORE BURLY play GALE.
Based on previews, what character do you think was cast PERFECTLY? Foxface, Cinna & Effie (obviously).
Peeta or Gale? TEAM PEETA!
What draws you into the story the most? I think for me that it's the unbelievable fact the plot is set in the future. It's almost as if we (as a society) have reverted back to colonies. We've changed from a democracy to a communist society. We are sending children to battle, just to show who really has power. Reading something that is someone's idea of the future that is so far fetched from what I have could have thought - that draws me in.
HAYLEY
Favorite Character: Katniss
Least Favorite Character: President Snow -it's hard for me not to hate the bad guy the most!
What Character Do You Relate To The Most? Katniss; she is a character torn with decision, and she also sacrifices herself for the people she loves.
What You're MOST nervous for/afraid the movie will mess up: The mutant dogs at the end of the first book. They are so scary and sad in my mind I hope the movie doesn't destroy my image of them.
Based on what you've seen so far, is there anything you're disappointed in? Katniss's fire dress, it looks a little dull in the previews, I hope it's more stunning on screen.
Scene/Moment You're MOST Looking Forward To: When the games first start and they all run to the cornucopia, it's so exciting in the book, I will be on the edge of my seat in the movie theater!
Based on what you've seen so far, is there anything you LOVE already? I love the reaping seen already, when Katniss screams 'I volunteer,' I get chills.
If I could recast someone in the movie, I'd have GAUIS CHARLES play THRESH.
Based on previews, what character do you think was cast PERFECTLY? Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, anyone who has seen Winter's Bone would agree she is an amazing actress and can play a strong young family protecting her family better than anyone else!
Peeta or Gale? Team Peeta!
JOHANNA


Favorite Character: Katniss, because she's so tough and I'm rooting for her the whole time!
Least Favorite Character: President Snow
What Character Do You Relate To The Most? Foxface- I'd be the smart tribute!
What You're MOST nervous for/afraid the movie will mess up: Making Katniss look a mess by the end. She looks too clean and healthy in all the previews from the beginning. We know she does not come out of there looking pretty!
Based on what you've seen so far, is there anything you're disappointed in? I'm already disappointed in the costumes seen in the trailer. Katniss is supposed to be dazzling and really stand out among the tributes, not looking like Cinna bought her dresses from the clearance rack at the Deb shop.
Scene/Moment You're MOST Looking Forward To: The blood bath at the cornucopia. Every time I hear that countdown in the trailer I get chills!
Based on what you've seen so far, is there anything you LOVE already? The action! Katniss in action with her bow and arrow.
If I could recast someone in the movie, I'd have ASHLEY TISDALE play GLIMMER.
Based on previews, what character do you think was cast PERFECTLY? Josh Hutcherson as Peeta
What song(s) would you want to see in the movie? "Sky" by Joshua Radin.
Peeta or Gale? Team Undecided! But let's not make this too much like Twilight; it will scare the straight boys away!

1 comment:

  1. Nerdy Trash- tots agree with you about the cave scenes!! -CTC

    ReplyDelete