Monday, March 5, 2012

The Real Plagiarizers of SNL

By now, even if you aren't normally a Saturday Night Live fan, you've probably seen their skit, The Real Housewives of Disney. It was the only laugh-out-loud skit of the night, and I've watched it about 20 times since Saturday.
However, as I was watching, I knew it seemed familiar and not just because it mocked my favorite housewives and princesses. I had a feeling that I'd witnessed something very similar in the past...
And then it hit me. I'd seen it in 2010 on Demi Lovato's show, Sonny With A Chance.


Now, it goes without saying that the Saturday Night Live sketch is funnier, but is that just because it's more crass? Maybe if Demi Lovato could talk about having sex with parrots, it'd be just as funny?

Did the head writers over at NBC just "adult-ify" this skit, hoping that there could be no possible target audience that would ever view both of these videos? Well, news flash, NBC: There is a target audience that watches the Disney Channel and NBC. They're called gay men. And the jig is up.

What do you think? Coincidence or copy cats?

No comments:

Post a Comment