Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Sexy To Me" - Jojo

I have loved Jojo since she first appeared with "Leave (Get Out)" and when she disappeared, I (like everyone else) thought that her time as a "child" star had come to an end. But no, we were all wrong - our little Jojo was just growing up.

She's come back recently with a remix of Drake's "Marvin's Room" (which is fresh, sexy, and everything this site is about) and "Disaster" (which I LOVE). If you haven't heard them yet, be sure to check them both out below:








I kid you not when I say both of these songs appear in my iPod's Top 25 Most Played. So when her new single, "Sexy to Me," dropped today, I was ecstatic to have my first listen.




It's... fine. It's certainly not as good or grown up as her previous two releases. Instead of the new, mature Jojo, it sounds more of a rejected, unreleased track by the Pussycat Dolls or Britney. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure it'll be a great song to grind against a stranger to after he buys me a few drinks, but to randomly listen to on my iPod? Well, that's a "Disaster."

1 comment: