Friday, February 17, 2012

"The Bodyguard" To Come To Stage!!

If you've ever been on this blog before, you know that I want 99.9% of all movies to become musicals (the other 0.1% being all Johnny Depp movies). So when news comes to me that a movie is becoming a stage show, 99.9% of the time I am exstatic and browsing the internet to see when I can purchase tickets.

Today's news is no exception.

My friends at Playbill.com announced earlier today that The Bodyguard will be heading to London's West End this November. That's all well, but the real news... when is it coming to New York!?


Heather Headley (Aida, The Lion King) is set to play Rachel Marron, the part originated by Whitney Houston in the film.


Hit songs from the soundtrack including "Run To You," "I Have Nothing," and "I Will Always Love You" will be included in the show, as well as a number of other songs from Houston's catalogue.

A Whitney jukebox musical?! We've never been excited for anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment