Monday, February 7, 2011

Gossip and Sex and the City

We're not sure how we feel about this... we don't hate it as much as Mean Girls 2, but we don't love it as much as Sex and the City or Gossip Girl.


Studio execs are in talks to bring The Carrie Diaries - the Sex and the City prequel following Carrie's move to NYC - to the big screen with Blake Lively to play the role that Sarah Jessica Parker originated.

“There are no plans to bring SJP and the other girls back together in the old format,” says an insider. “The prequel is about breathing new life into the story and exploring Carrie’s first few months in NYC and the beginning of her relationship with an older man.”

We'll see it, obviously.... we're just not sure we'll be happy about it. The good news? Early years Carrie means NO MR. BIG!!!!


Source

1 comment:

  1. I kind of like it! But Blake Lively is too pretty to play SJP. I think Sarah is gorgeous, but she definitely has unconventional beauty...I don't think that Blake is quite fitting. I mean, we see SJP as a young woman - and she was WAY more awkward than she is as an adult. I do like the concept, I wish they would describe how the girls all met and became friends - I was really hoping they would explore that in the second movie anyway. Rather than moving everyone to Abu Dabi and giving us the world's shittiest story line ever.

    That's just my take.

    ReplyDelete