Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's Brittany, Bitch...

While the season 2 premiere of Glee may have been a bit too Kids Bop-py for my taste (we'll get to that in another post...), the second episode promises to do nothing but impress (song-wise, anyway... plot-wise, dentist-inspired dream sequences are a tad weak... just saying.)

But no matter how you feel about the show or the talent of the show's stars, there's no denying that Heather Morris (Brittany) is H-O-T.


Fine. The FIRST time she was on my screen I thought it was a joke. Quinn was singing "Say A Little Prayer for You" with two backup cheerleaders. One was Latina and beautiful. And one was... some tall, pale girl with no make up on. I was disgusted and horrifed.


But somewhere between that episode and now, Brittany has grew on me. I think she's beautiful, she has a ROCKIN body, and can out-dance anyone in that cast. And if you DO watch and enjoy the show - you know that she has the best lines by far. So hopefully now that we'll finally hear her sing, we'll have more Brittany on our screens...

What upsets me about this upcoming episode is the song list. Most of it is fantastic and I'd expect nothing less:

-An all male version of "Stronger"
-A jazzed up version of "Toxic"
-Renditions of "Slave 4 U," "Hit Me Baby," and "Me Against the Music" that stay truthful to the originals.

But what bothers me is that also listed for this episode is "The Only Exception" by Paramore. I like Paramore as much as the next guy, but it doesn't make sense. Having Paramore in a Britney episode is like having KISS in a Gaga epis...oh wait.


So, break out your red leather cat suit or slutty school girl outfit. This episode airs Tuesday at 8:00 pm on FOX.

 

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that they are doing "Stronger" aka my FAVORITE BRITNEY SONG EVER.

    And I adore Paramore...but WTF?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for this I can't take it anymore. 19 more hourssss! :)

    Also, I am super pumped that they are making "Toxic" Fosse <33333333

    I have watched clips and listened to the full songs, and I am absolutely pumped :) And although Paramore happens to be my favorite band, I am indeed upset that they just kind of threw it into the Britney episode. Actually, I think them being my favorite band makes me even more upset. *Pouts*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quinn looks hot in that pink dress!

    ReplyDelete