Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Tooth Fairy


I've liked the Rock since he went by "The Rock." Back when I was fat with glasses and Elvis hair and watched wrestling on TV every week. No, Dad, it has nothing to do with two men in underwear rolling around.  ...I swear. Anyway, he was my favorite then, and although his acting ability won't be earning him any Oscars this awards season, I'm not ashamed to say I've seen all of his movies.

Can you smellllllllllllllllllllllllll what the Rock is cookin'???
Yes, Mr. Rock. That would be my LOINS burning...

Although I'd prefer if he was in more ...ahem... adult films, I still enjoy him in kid's movies. As long as he stays away from anything called "Southland Tales." We made that mistake once. Let's not do it again.

This movie was cute, and although I liked the NON Tooth Fairy related parts a lot more than the parts including tooth fairy business, there were a few scenes I enjoyed, even with the wings.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson plays Derek Thompson who is a minor league hockey player nicknamed "The Tooth Fairy." He is given this name because, instead of actually trying to score, he is simply called to the ice to fight his opponents and knock their teeth out. After a great game, he goes to his girlfriend (Ashley Judd)'s house, where he almost tells her daughter that there is no such thing as the tooth fairy. That night, he finds a summons under his pillow and is taken to Fairy Land. As a consequence of ruining children's dreams, he is forced to act as a tooth fairy for two weeks. He does, and along the way, believes in dreams and fairies.

It's obviously predictable, and no, the world wouldn't be any better or worse if this movie didn't exist, but overall, I DID enjoy it. And yes, the shirtless Rock-er room scenes helped. It almost makes me want to rip my tooth out and see if he comes in my window tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment